Tuesday, July 15, 2014

And the Countdown Begins

I felt like since going away to college was such a big deal, I could use a little outlet for all of the different things I have to deal with; I wanted a place to vent and rant and rave basically. Now comes the first post in what I anticipate to be an interesting four year sage of epic proportions. Or who knows, maybe before I know it I'll end up so caught up in studying that I forget I ever started this blog. Even if that happens, I still have 69 days until move-in, which means 69 days to get excited, nervous, and then excited again.

Currently listening to: My Kind of Love by Emeli Sande



I've started the almost never ending search for dorm items. That's one thing they never tell you when you sign up for college; there are a million things you "need" (I put need in quotations just because you actually don't need much, but there are so many optional things that people insist are needed that it starts to seem like you need them). I did make one big splurge so far, but I don't really regret it. I know that they Keurig I bought will help me through many over night study parties. I used parties because it gives the whole lack of sleep thing kind of a positive spin.

Anyway, besides the coffee maker that I'm so excited is coming in the mail, I've gotten bedding, a hamper for laundry, and a few things for my desk. I tried to stick somewhat with a color theme, but you would be how surprised at how hard it is to just not start grabbing random items from a rainbow selection of colors. I don't, however, want my dorm to look like unicorn barf. It's highly doubtful that my roommate would appreciate that either.

Countdown timer: 69 days till move-in

No comments:

Post a Comment